2024 ESSPD Excellence Award
The ESSPD aims to recognize research that clearly pushes forward the field of personality disorders worldwide and makes an outstanding contribution to the understanding and treatment of individuals with personality disorders. Therefore, we invite applications – in the form of a recently published paper – that report about an important finding or an idea, a concept, or a method. The Award will come with a stipend of EUR 1000 and the invitation to a plenary talk at the 2024 ESSPD conference in Antwerp (Belgium).
The selection will be made based on originality, the impact on the field, the quality of the methods, the involvement of persons with lived experience (if applicable) and the potential for stimulating new research perspectives.
Any researcher or research group interested in personality disorders may apply for this Excellence Award. The paper must be published, or ahead of print, during the 12 months before the submission deadline of the award (between April 1st, 2023 and March 31st, 2024). Candidates are asked to submit the pdf of the paper and a letter of motivation, signed by all co-authors of the paper before the deadline. The group should designate one person who will be present at the upcoming ESSPD conference.
Please submit the letter and the paper before March 31st, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSPD Early Career Researcher Award 2024
The European Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ESSPD) established the Early Career Researchers Award in order to stimulate early career researchers to perform innovative research in the broad field of personality disorders. The selection criteria for the award jury will be:
- The research idea has to be original, innovative and methodologically sound
- It has to connect different domains of research, resulting in a new perspective
- The research has to be the applicant’s own project, is not part of a larger institutional project and has to be adequately presented and discussed.
- The applicant has not finished his/her/their post academic traineeship or residencies longer than 10 years before March 31st, 2024
The jury will be assembled on the basis of the following criteria:
- The jury consists of 5 members, all internationally distinguished researchers
- The jury members come from different research domains, scientific background and disciplines and have different nationalities.
- The award for 2024 will be presented by the Chair of the Award committee at the ESSPD conference on September 23-25, 2024 in Antwerp (Belgium).
- The laureate will be invited to give a special online lecture (20-30 minutes) on his/her/their work.
- The awardee receives an award document with the report of the jury, the ESSPD-award-medal, as well as a cash award of € 1000.
How to apply?
Applications have to be sent by e-mail to the ESSPD Chair of the Award Committee, Prof. Dr. Babette Renneberg – email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2024
The applicant has to provide the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation by his/her scientific mentor, who confirms that the candidate is eligible and that the submitted research fulfills the selection criteria described above
- A description of the research Pdf files of the relevant published articles or submitted scientific manuscripts